Sunday, April 19, 2015

Prayerful Sunday

Thank you Lord for a wonderful day. There isn't much to say for today other then to say that the sun's out and it's continuing to stay warm. The lawns around here are beginning to be beautiful once again. So since it's Sunday and it's suppose to be a day of rest, I'm going to rest today and ease my right ankle. Maybe that will help. Maybe you should also rest your weary body and take  a day of rest.

                               -------------------------------------------------------------------------












                   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday's Funnies

MONDAY: It's so much fun to cook for Ron. Today I made angel food cake. The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. Fortunately, the neighbors were kind enough to loan me some extra bowls.
TUESDAY: Ron wanted fruit salad for dinner. The recipe said serve without dressing so, I didn't dress. What a surprise when Ron brought his boss home for dinner.
WEDNESDAY: A great day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly before steaming the rice. It seemed sort of silly, but I took a shower. I can't say it improved the rice any.
THURSDAY: Today, Ron asked for salad again. I tried a new recipe. It said prepare ingredients, then toss on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving. Which is what led up to Ron asking me why I was rolling around in the garden.
FRIDAY: I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said put all ingredients in a bowl and beat it. There must have been something wrong with this recipe. When I got back, everything was exactly the same as when I left.
SATURDAY: Ron did the grocery shopping today and brought home a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday (Oh boy). For some strange reason, Ron keeps counting to ten.
SUNDAY: Ron's parents came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast, but all I could find was hamburger. Suddenly, I had a flash of genius. I put the hamburger in the oven and set the controls for roast. Much to my disappointment, it still came out hamburger.
GOOD NIGHT DEAR DIARY: This has been such an exciting week. I can hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can try out a new recipe on Ron. If only we could get a larger oven, I would love to surprise him with Chocolate Moose.

ADAM'S RIB In Sunday School, they were teaching how God created everything, including human beings. Little Johnny seemed especially intent when they told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam's ribs. Later in the week, his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and said, "Johnny what is the matter?" Little Johnny responded, "I have a pain in my side. I think I'm going to have a wife."


A wife invited some people to dinner. At the table, she turned to their
six-year-old daughter and said, "Would you like to say the blessing?"
"I wouldn't know what to say," the girl replied.
"Just say what you hear Mommy say," the wife answered.
The daughter bowed her head and said, "Lord, why on earth did I invite
all these people to dinner?"
 
 
 

Six-year-old Angie and her four-year-old brother Joel were sitting
together in church.
Joel giggled, sang, and talked out loud.
Finally, his big sister had had enough.
"You're not supposed to talk out loud in church."
"Why? Who's going to stop me?" Joel asked.
Angie pointed to the back of the church and said,
"See those two men standing by the door?
They're hushers."


                ---------------------------------

Sunday's Poem

     -----------------------------------------------

Past Cruise Photos

                         Costa Rica

 We started at Colon, the Atlantic Ocean, took a train on the Pacific Ocean. This photo was of Panama City, Panama. 

               ---------------------------------








Have a peaceful, sunny Sunday friends. 
SEE YA.



12 comments:

  1. I loved the blonde's diary, especially the chocolate mouse at the end. I am so inapt in the kitchen I can identify with her.

    The travel club I belong to is going to Costa Rica in 2016 so I'll be seeing a lot of slides of the place over the next year. They say it's a fascinating place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward towards your photos from Costa Rica Jean. I'll place some more photos of my cruise to Costa Rica for you later. See ya.

      Delete
  2. What a wife! He is a lucky one:)
    Anyway, thanks for brighten my day;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're have much courage Joy for you & your sister. Peace my friend.

      Delete
  3. Bwahahahahahaha on the jokes and especially the diary one. Bless her heart. I also linked you to Silly Sunday.

    Have a fabulous day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that you would enjoy the diary one. You blondes are all the same. Great & wonderful. See ya Sandee.

      Delete
  4. Inspiring, beautiful photos and laughter! Moses' bath made me laugh heartily, Paul! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I always enjoy going into yours and smiling throughout the day. See ya.

      Delete
  5. LOL @ the jokes I also loved the diary one haha! I liked the photos fab views again, sadly the sun here didn't want to show here today ...nothing new there then :-)

    Have a restful Sunday Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone enjoyed the diary one. I guess that makes us all blondes in some form or another. Ha,ha,ha. See ya stevebethere.

      Delete
  6. Haha. I liked Moses in the tub. And the blonde jokes, of course.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul, thank you so much for your comment on my blog post letting me know what happened. I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you have a swift healing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!