Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Brilliant Sunny Wednesday


It's beautiful outside this morning but very hot and will be getting hotter until the day is finished. Yesterday I went to to the mall as I said I was going to do. I had a $50 card to spend and I needed to to get myself a new pair of Sweat pants. I found one and  brought it to the desk to pay for it. After the girl rang it up it said $90.50 please. Was she kidding? I told her no, you keep them. I'm still shocked thinking about $90. Have you ever bought sweat pants for $90?  After that Mary Lou found a beautiful outfit for the cruise. Lucky her. I left the mall with nothing. Oh well, that's life.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------














                     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------














Matt and his colleagues were at work one day when they decided to get in on the weekly raffle. They bought tickets, seeing it was for charity.
The following week, when the raffle was drawn, they each won a prize.
His colleague who won the first prize got six month's supply of Cadbury's chocolates.
Second prize winner got three month's supply of Cadbury's chocolates.
Matt won the tenth prize - a toilet brush.
About a week later, at the office canteen, the first prize winner asked the others how they were enjoying their prizes.
"Great," said the the second prize winner, "I love chocolates"
"So do I," said the first prize winner. "And how's the toilet brush?" he asked Matt
"Not so good," Matt said, "I think I'll go back to paper."


Winning the Lottery
A blonde woman named Brandi finds herself in dire trouble. Her business has gone bust and she's in serious financial trouble. She's so desperate that she decides to ask God for help.

She begins to pray... "God, please help me. I've lost my business and if I don't get some money, I'm going to lose my house as well. Please let me win the lotto."

Lotto night comes and somebody else wins it. Brandi again prays..."God, please let me win the lotto! I've lost my business, my house and I'm going to lose my car as well."

Lotto night comes and Brandi still has no luck. Once again, she prays... "My God, why have you forsaken me?? I've lost my business, my house, and my car. My children are starving. I don't often ask you for help and I have always been a good servant to you. PLEASE just let me win the lotto this one time so I can get my life back in order."

Suddenly there is a blinding flash of light as the heavens open and Brandi is confronted by the voice of God Himself... "Brandi, you have to buy a ticket."
 
 
                             ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 








            
                                         ______________________________________

Past Cruise Photos
                     







                                                               Beautiful pool at Grand Turk.

                                                               The waters of St. Thomas.
                                     -----------------------------------------------------------------------












                                     This is my daughter AmyLynn horse riding at WETRA.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it for now. Have a wonderful beautiful Wednesday but be careful for the heat. 
                                                                               SEE YA.








6 comments:

  1. Yikes on spending that much for sweats. I've spent a lot on a matching set, but not that much.

    It's going to be a hot one here today. I've a blood test to do and then right back home, so all is good. We'll stay in most of the day.

    Loved all the jokes and especially the "You've got to buy a ticket' one. That was rich. I'm guessing she was a blonde.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is outrageous, Paul! I would never spend that money for sweats! Glad you didn't purchase them. Your photos are lovely, and I enjoyed the jokes, too, as well as the inspiration. It is dangerously hot and humid here in Montreal, and there have been warnings issued. I am doing my best to stay indoors as much as I can, as this kind of heat is never a good thing for my health. Take care of yourself, Paul, and stay safe and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you came home sweat pantless, I don't blame you at that price

    It's been warmish here but no sun LOL and had my bi monthly blood test :-)

    LOL @ them winning the lottery loved the jokes heheh!

    Nice photos and I like ya shirt heheh!

    Have a pantlesstastic day Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is more than I pay for slacks, much less sweat pants! Ridiculous.

    Thanks for the chuckles.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me a minute to understand the dumb-blonde-at-the pop-machine joke, but it's sure a good one...once I figured it out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paul, I guess you will have to go elsewhere to get a good buy for a sweat pants. I feel like having a dip in the swimming pool. Your daughter is a very pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!