Thursday, October 1, 2015

October the 1st

Well I made it. Today is my 66th and my wife and daughter are taking me out for dinner and my favourite Italian restaurant, Riccardo's. After we are having a quiet birthday but tomorrow night my grandchildren are having dinner with me, Pizza and birthday cake and after dinner I'm watching my grandson play hockey and after that we are coming back for cake and gifts that they want to give to me. I've told everyone that I don't need anything but the the little ones want to give grandpa some gifts. For them yes, no problem. I'm still having a problem getting an excursion for my cruise. The prices have all increased and the other problem is that it's all in American money and I'm an Canadian. The prices for me are sky high. Oh well, that's life.

                                 ----------------------------------------------------------------










Age is important only if you're cheese or wine.

Of all my husband's relatives, I like me best.

Once over the hill, you pick up speed.

I used to get lost in the shuffle; now I just shuffle along with the lost.

The twinkle in your eye is only the reflection of the sun on your bifocals.

You’re so old you confuse having a clear conscience with having a bad memory.

You’re getting old when you don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.

Fred: I was going to buy you a handkerchief for your birthday.
Harry: That was a kind thought. But why didn't you?
Fred: I couldn't find one big enough for your nose.

Did you hear about the time Eddy's sister tried to make a birthday cake? The candles melted in the oven.

What is the left side of a birthday cake?
The side that's not eaten.





While he was visiting, my father asked for the password to our Wi-Fi.
“It’s taped under the modem,” 
I told him.
After three failed attempts to log on, he asked, “Am I spelling this right? T-A-P-E-D-U-N-D-E-R-T-H-E-M-O-D-E-M?”


Have a great Thursday. I'm going to have one. See ya.



5 comments:

  1. ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Paul,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

    Sorry, but I'm not as good at you in remember birthdays. It's just the way I am. You know I love you and your wife right? Good.

    Have a fabulous birthday my friend. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you, Paul! I will be 59 this month on the 27th! I know that you mean about the skyhigh prices, as I am also Canadian, as you know. I don't get why EVERYTHING has skyrocketed out of control in the way of prices...dairy, meat, everything! It gets harder and harder to live, especially when the senior incomes, welfare and pay checks don't offer more money to keep up with the prices.

    I hope your day will be fantastic...but then again, I hope all your days will be wonderful, not just your birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Birthday to you Paul I hope you have a birthdaytastic day :-)

    "nicks a slice of birthday cake and leaves quickly"

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is birthday season, so Happy Birthday a day late! I've missed your blog while away on the cruise, but we are now home and I am playing catch up. I enjoyed the chuckles.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated happy birthday to you, Paul! Sounds like you had great plans to celebrate. You are just a baby at 66. I'd love to be 66 again. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!